- To a large bowl add your ground beef, plus all of the ingredients up to and including the milk. Combine everything together until all ingredients are well blended.
- Once chilled place a large pan over medium-high heat, and drizzle the olive oil into the pan. Once the oil is hot, add the meatballs swirling/moving the pan around gently to help the meatballs keep their round shape, browning them on all sides this will take about 3 minutes or so (the meatballs will not be cooked through at this point). Remove and keep in a bowl to hold.
- Add the meatballs to the marinara sauce into it, and allow them to very gently simmer in the sauce, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Turn the grill on, and prepare a baking sheet; place the sliced Ciabatta Rusticia or rolls onto the baking sheet (slice-side up), and toast until golden, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven and rub the garlic clove over each slice; then drizzle with a touch of olive oil.
- To assemble, spoon about3 to 5 of the meatballs depending on size plus some of the sauce onto the toasted ciabatta roll. Top meatballs with a slice of provolone cheese, and place back under the grill for about 1-2 minutes just until the cheese is gooey and melted. Sprinkle over some of the fresh basil or parsley. Cover with the top of the ciabatta roll, pressing down to absorb the juices. Cut in half if desired and serve hot.