- Preheat the oven to 190°C Fan / Gas Mark 5. Peel, core and chop the apples, then put them into a pan with the butter and water.
- Cook together on a medium heat for 7-8 minutes until the apple begins to soften, add the Lyle’s Golden Syrup® then remove from the heat.
- Gently fold in the blackberries before pouring into a 9” ovenproof dish and set to one side.
- To make the crumble, combine the self raising flour, wholemeal flour and Tate & Lyle® Demerara Sugar in a mixing bowl with the cinnamon and butter.
- Rub the mix together with your hands until it looks like rough crumbs and add the hazelnuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden, then portion and serve warm with a thick vanilla custard.