- First marinate the chicken by mixing the spices together with the sugar and oil to form a paste.
- Coat the chicken with the paste and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce.Cook the onion, ginger and garlic in the oil until the onion has softened and is translucent. Add the spices, tamarind and sugar, stir well and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce, coconut milk and peanuts. Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 5 minutes. If the sauce is too thick, thin with a little water. Adjust with sald and sugar and serve at room temperature.
- Barbecue or grill the chicken for around 15-20 minutes until it is slightly charred on the outside and cooked through. Serve with peanut sauce, steamed white rice, sliced red onion and cucumber.