- Pre-heat oven to /180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and draw a 20-23cm circle on the paper.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until satiny peaks form. Beat in the sugar, a third at a time, until the meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Sprinkle over the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and fold in lightly.
- Mound onto the paper on the baking tray within the circle, flatten the top and smooth the sides. Place in the oven. IMMEDIATELY reduce the heat to 150°C/Gas Mark 2 and cook for one hour.
- Turn off the oven and leave the Pavlova in it to cool completely.
- Invert the pavlova on to a big, flat-bottomed plate, pile on cream and spoon over passion fruits scooped - pips and all - from their shells.