- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Place a roasting dish in the oven with a good glug of olive oil, pop in to heat up whilst potatoes cook
- Cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook until tender then drain and using a rolling pin or wooden spoon break the potatoes and place into the roasting dish. Make sure the potatoes are well covered in oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for around 30 minutes, stirring half way through Whilst the potatoes are cooking make the aoili by placing all the items apart from the parsley in a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. If the mixture is a little too thick then add a dash of soy milk. Mix in the parsley by hand
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven and drain any excess oil. Place on a large plate with the aoili in the middle.
- ** Top tip. You can also add smoked paprika to the potatoes before roasting to give them a lovely smokey flavour You can also add finely chopped sweet pickled gherkins, onions and dill to make the aoili into tartare sauce (can remove garlic if preferred).