- Clean the beetroot and steam for 40 mins in their skins.
- Peel and dice the beetroot into large chunks.
- In a saucepan gently fry the diced shallot, leek, carrot, beetroot and celery in vegetable oil.
- Add the crushed garlic, diced mushrooms and silver skin onions.
- Add the red wine and reduce by half then add the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Separately make up the vegetable gravy then add it to the saucepan and bring to the simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato and maple syrup roasted parsnips.