- First make the marinade. Pound the garlic, chilli, thyme, lime zest, salt and pepper and allspice together with a pestle and mortar. Add the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Make slits in the birds in places where they won't be seen - between the legs and body, for example - and coat well with the marinade. Make sure the insides of the birds are coated well. Cover with cling film and chill for about 6 hours, turning the birds every so often.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Lift the poussins out of the marinade and transfer them to a roasting tin. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes. Remove the poussins from the oven and leave them to cool a little - if you put the glaze on while they're hot it will just run off.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by vigorously stirring everything together. You need to use some elbow grease here to break down the marmalade. Spread the glaze all over the birds, inside and out, and barbecue for 10 minutes, turning every so often and brushing with more glaze.
- Check for doneness - the juices between the legs and body should run clear, with no trace of pink. Brush with a final coat of glaze and serve immediately.