- Heat oil and fry onion and garlic for 2 – 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add meat and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots and Bisto, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add peas towards the end of cooking so they retain colour. Check the seasoning. Blend to a smooth purée.
- Meanwhile make up the Smash as per pack instructions, add the butter and the sweet potato and stir well to blend.
- Divide the meat mixture between the moulds and top with the potato mixture.
- Chill and then freeze the moulds.
- To serve, remove the moulds and regenerate cottage pie to core temperature.