- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- For the spiced rice, place all the ingredients, except for the coriander, in a suitable pan. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer until the water has evaporated (roughly 15 minutes).
- Check the rice is cooked, adding more water to the pan if not. Finish with the chopped coriander.
- For the marinade, remove the chilli seeds then place the chillies in a food processor with the sea salt and blitz. Add the spices and garlic and blitz further until smooth.
- Add the peppers and red wine vinegar, blitz until smooth then add the olive oil, tomato puree and paprika. Marinate the lamb rumps and leave for at least 6 hours (overnight preferably).
- To cook,place a frying pan onto the stove and add a trickle of oil. Once hot, place the rumps into the pan and seal on all sides.
- Place in the oven and check after 10 minutes. The rump should be cooked 'medium' by this stage.
- Leave for a further 10-15 minutes for cooking further. Once out of the oven, leave to rest for 2-3 minutes, then slice. Serve on the spiced rice.