- Pre-heat your fryer to 170°C .
- Cut small circles out from the tortillas, fry the rounds until they puff up. Take the puffed tortil-las, season with salt, pepper and lime juice and keep to one side. (Top tip! Use the trimmings to make funky tortilla chips or fry off and then blitz in a food processor to make a crunchy crumb to add further texture to your salbutes or any other dishes.)
- Heat the BBQ jackfruit and keep warm.
- Shred the cabbage and lettuce. Slice the onions and chop the tomatoes. Mix all together and season with salt, lime juice and a little vegetable oil.
- Use the puffed tortilla as your base and pile up the salad, jackfruit and a little sour cream or salsa to create your salbutes - great party street food. Substitute the jackfruit for chicken or pulled pork for a meat-based version.