- To make the Katsu sauce, fry the onions in the vegetable oil for 10 to 15 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Stir in the curry powder, plain flour and 1.5 litres of water.
- Season and simmer for 15 minutes, then whizz in a blender. Strain into a clean pan, then stir in the honey, the mirin and soy sauce. Keep warm.
- To make the miso sesame dipping sauce, in a small frying pan, slowly toast the sesame seeds over a low heat until golden for 5 minutes. Save some of the seeds to decorate, and grind the remainder in a pestle and mortar (or in the small bowl of a food processor) until fine. Mix in the soy, sugar, vinegar, mirin and miso then set aside.
- To cook the broccoli, bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the broccoli for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle over the reserved sesame seeds and serve alongside the dipping sauce.
- Place the breaded fillet onto a lined baking tray and bake at 180°C from frozen 12-15 minutes, from defrosted 9-12 minutes.
- Slice and serve with the sauce, rice, broccoli and miso sesame dipping sauce
- Try adding sliced spring onion and chopped coriander to the rice. This katsu curry recipe goes really well with steamed coconut rice.