- Boil the beetroot until tender, slice thinly and toss in honey.
- To prepare the goats cheese, mix half a litre of luke warm water with 63g o Essential Cuisine Béchamel Sauce. Slowly bring to the boil whisking continuously. Once cooked out, reduce the heat and add the goat’s cheese slowly.
- Roll out the pastry to the size of an A4 piece of paper. Spread out the goats cheese sauce mix across the pastry. Place the sliced beetroot over the sauce and add the red currants.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown. Finish with rocket and micro basil.
- Chef’s Tip - Swap purple beetroot for gold or candy striped for a more colourful affair!