Product name Quantity
Cr tinned rhubarb 1000g
Caster sugar 110g
Cr ginger 1tsp
Cr vanilla essence 1tsp
Cr shortcrust pastry 750g
Vegan milk 500ml
Cr custard powder 35g
Caster sugar 50g
Cr Vanilla essence 1tsp
- Pre heat your oven to 150C
- Roll out 2/3 of your pastry and line a non stick tart case.
- Bake the tart blind for 30 mins, remove the baking beans and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Mix the drained rhubarb with the ginger, 100g caster sugar and vanilla and fill the tart case
- Roll out the remaining 250g pastry and cut into strips.
- Place them on top of your pie in a lattice formation
- Brush with vegan milk, sprinkle with sugar and ginger and bake for 30 mins until golden
- For the custard – mix 100ml of cold vegan milk with the custard powder, caster sugar and vanilla
- Bring to the boil the remaining milk and then whisk in the custard powder and milk mix.
- Continue to whisk and cook for a few more mins.
- Serve with the pie