First 100* people to download the app to benefit from discounted membership to the Craft Guild of Chefs
The Craft Guild of Chefs has become the first chef association to launch a digital mobile app. Created in response to demand from the Guild’s members the new app boasts plenty of features including an augmented reality experience. To celebrate the launch, the app will feature a code to secure membership to the Craft Guild of Chefs for £25 – which is normally priced at £52.88 inclusive of VAT for a Member Craftsman, but is limited to the first 100* people using the code and new subscribers only.
Currently launched in beta and available from the app store on both Android and Apple for both members and non-members. The app features:
- The latest news from The Craft Guild of Chefs
- Access to read the latest issue of Stockpot magazine filled with news, tips and advice
- Information on the latest membership benefits (discount codes only available to Craft Guild of Chefs members)
- A dedicated area for student members or those under 25 years of age ‘Culinaire’ featuring information on competitions, grants and mentorship schemes
- A diary section with forthcoming Craft Guild of Chefs events and key industry dates
- A community section to enable networking with peers
Additional features yet to be launched include a forum where chefs can collaborate and share ideas, how to videos and a place to sign up and renew membership. Other features will be rolled out over the coming months.
Andrew Green, CEO, Craft Guild of Chefs, said: “One thing that the Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted for many in the industry is the importance of community. At the Craft Guild of Chefs, we’ve always had our network at the heart of everything we do, which includes our popular supper clubs to our training and awards schemes. Over the year’s we have been asked to create a home for all of these resources on an app and following several months of hard work, I’m delighted to announce that we’ve launched a beta version in the app stores and a special mention must go to Matt Owens our Vice Chairman in pulling it all together. Over the coming months we will be expanding on the app’s features to give members more of what they want and need and make it an invaluable resource in the hands of our chef membership.”
The app can be accessed by searching CGOC in the app store.
For more information about the Craft Guild of Chefs please visit www.craftguildofchefs.org.uk
* Offer open to new subscribers only.