Salt Baked Beetroot with Tabouleh and Yellow Pepper Sauce
300g of Country Range plain flour
250g of Country Range salt
300ml of cold water
Filo pastry – 2 strips
- Mix the flour, salt and water together to make a thick paste and wrap around a peeled beetroot and bake at 200c for 1 hour.
- Once cooked, crack open the hard salt crust and remove the beetroot
- Wrap in the filo pastry and put back in the oven for 10 mins
2 large tomatoes
A bunch of mint and parsley
Splash of Country Range olive oil
- Cover the Bulgar wheat with boiling water (just over the top) and leave until the water has absorbed.
- Finely slice the tomatoes and cucumbers before adding them to a sieve with some salt on top to draw the water out.
- Blend the mint, parsley and onion with olive oil until smooth.
- Mix the Bulgar wheat, tomatoes, cucumber and herb paste together
Yellow Pepper Sauce
2 yellow peppers
2 tbsp of Country Range turmeric
1 glass white wine
1 tbsp minced garlic
Cracked Country Range black pepper
Country Range olive oil for cooking
- Chop the yellow peppers into small cubes and cook on high with a little bit of olive oil.
- Once browned add the garlic, pepper and turmeric for 1 minute
- Then add the white wine. Once the wine has reduced by two thirds, blend until smooth.
- Serve the dish with a small salad of fresh leaves and a beef tomato.