Dill Cured Mackerel, Chargrilled Cucumber, Pickled Pearl Onions, Dill Aioli & Sesame Seed
By Ben Tish
- For the mackerel – blitz all ingredients together and cover the mackerel. Leave for 2 hours, wash off and pay dry.
- For the dill oil – warm the oil with two bunches of dill to 50℃. Blitz and strain the mixture before covering the mackerel fillets with 200ml of the oil and leave until ready to serve.
- For the chargrilled cucumber – cut the cucumber in to 4 pieces, evenly trim the edges then lightly salt and leave for 15 minutes. Chargrill evenly for 30 seconds on each side then refrigerate until required.
- For the pickled pearl onions – pickle the pearl onions in a mixture created from the rest of the ingredients for 3 hours.
- For the dill aioli – mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl except the oil. Slowly pour the oil into the bowl, continuously mixing until it emulsifies into a mayo consistency
- To serve: Take the chargrilled cucumber out of the fridge, bring back to room temperature and then add to the plate. Top with the pickled pearl onions. Add your marinated mackerel fillet to the side. Add a generous amount of the Dill Aioli to the plate and dress with oyster leaves and toasted sesame teams. Serve with fresh bread.