- Remove excess fat from rib and render down in pan, use this fat to cook the heritage carrots, add a little water, thyme and garlic and cook 15-20 minutes over low heat until tender.
- Boil lentils in salted water 12-15 minutes until just cooked, drain and refresh in cold water.
- Dice the celeriac and shallot and sweat off in butter, add the cooked Puy lentils, stew for a few minutes before finishing with some butter and soft herbs.
- Seal the beef on all sides in hot pan, until well coloured all over. Transfer to oven 180°C for five minutes.
- Remove and rest for further five. Carve and serve. Assemble all ingredients on plate and finish with fresh watercress.