- For the Cupcakes: Pre-heat the oven to 180°C Fan / Gas Mark 4. Whisk the butter and Lyle’s Golden Syrup® until soft and creamy, then beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa, then fold into the mixture.
- Gradually add the milk and stop when the mix reaches a soft consistency that easily falls from the spoon.
- Line a bun tray with 9 cupcake cases and equally divide the mixture into them.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- For the Buttercream: Beat the butter and Lyle’s Golden Syrup® together.
- Sift in Tate & Lyle® Icing Sugar until soft and smooth, then mix in the melted chocolate.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe circular swirls on the top of your cooled chocolate cupcakes.