- For the rice, place the rice with the water into a suitable sized pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer until cooked.
- After around 10-15 minutes, the water should have evaporated and you should be left with fluffy rice. Once cooked, refresh in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, place a pan onto the stove with a little oil. Once hot, place the shallots in the pan. Turn down the heat and allow to sweat gently on the heat for 15 minutes.
- Put the spices in with the shallots and allow to cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Place the chick peas with the shallots and spices in a suitable bowl with the drained rice, roasted peppers and coriander.
- For the dressing, place the mustard and honey into a bowl. Whisk in the wine vinegar until incorporated. Slowly whisk in the oil and then add the spices.
- Drizzle over the rice salad. Finish with a little natural yoghurt and serve with chicken or fish.