- For the roly poly, mix all the ingredients together to form a dough. Let the pastry rest for 1 hour then roll out to about the thickness of a £1 coin.
- For the jam, put all the jam ingredients into a sterilised jam pan and slowly bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, spread the jam onto the pastry and roll up.
- Put the roly poly into a tin 20cm x 20cm and steam for 3 hours.
- For the parfait, boil the damsons in water until soft, then blend into a purée.
- Whip the egg whites, adding the sugar to form a meringue. Fold in the cream and damson purée then freeze for 2 hours before serving.
- For the crème anglaise, mix the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Heat the cream and vanilla pods slowly over a low heat then pour over the yolks. Return to the pan and cook on a low heat for 2 minutes until thick.
- Pour into a bowl with a slice of the roly poly.