- Soak the haricot beans overnight in plenty of cold water; drain them when ready to cook.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the prawns, onions, garlic, ginger and chilli until the onions are translucent.
- Add the paprika and cook for a minute or two, then add the tomato purée and cook again, stirrng so that you are almost frying the purée.
- Now add the drained beans and pour in half the hot chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil, and then cover the pan and simmer for one and a half hours or until the beans are tender.
- Add the lentils and the remaining litre of stock and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To finish off, heat the chopped chorizo in a hot pan and scatter over the soup with the coriander just before serving. Serve with crusty bread and a small green salad.